USC welcomes your application at gradadm.usc.edu.
Prior to submission of a formal application, potential applicants may send basic documentary information (GRE scores, names of current and past universities attended, grade point averages at each institution) to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask how their credentials compare to students who have been admitted to the program.
The application deadline for Fall 2017 admission is April 30, 2017. Students are encouraged to apply early in order to have the highest likelihood of acceptance. Requests to apply after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants for admission to the Master of Science in Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (A = 4.0) in undergraduate work. All applicants are required to have taken a standardized exam: Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test, Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), or Dental Admission Test (DAT). A minimum score of 300 on the GRE or 500 on the MCAT is required.
Applicants not meeting these requirements may be conditionally admitted with the approval of the USC Graduate School.
Application materials for all applicants
- USC online application: Apply here: gradadm.usc.edu.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, sealed by the institution. Please refer to the Graduate Admissions page for specific instructions on how to send your transcripts: gradadm.usc.edu/lightboxes/us-students-transcript-requirements.
- Standardized test scores: Satisfactory scores less than five years old. Official scores must be reported from ETS directly to USC using ETS school code 4852. A department code is not required. MCAT or DAT scores may submitted in lieu of GRE scores.
- Two letters of recommendation: Letters of recommendation from faculty or others (supervisors, professional colleagues, etc.) qualified to evaluate your potential for graduate study.
- Statement of purpose: A statement succinctly describing your reasons for applying to the Master of Science in Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine program, your preparation for this field of study, academic interests, future career plans, and other aspects of your background and interests that may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study.
Additional application materials for international applicants
- English Language Proficiency: In addition to the general admission criteria listed above, international students whose first language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination to be considered a candidate for admission. For exemption from additional language requirements, you must achieve an Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) score of 90, with no less than 20 on each section, or an IELTS score of 6.5, with no less than 6 on each band score. For more details on the university’s English Proficiency Criteria, please visit USC Graduate Admission: Proficiency in English.