USC welcomes your application at gradadm.usc.edu. The application deadline for Fall 2019 admission is April 30, 2019. Please note that applications will be accepted starting September 2018, and that students are encouraged to apply early in order to have the highest likelihood of acceptance. Requests to apply after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants for admission to the Master of Science in Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (A = 4.0) in undergraduate work. All applicants are required to have taken a standardized exam: Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test, Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), or Dental Admission Test (DAT). A minimum score of 300 on the GRE or 500 on the MCAT is required.
Applicants not meeting these requirements may be accepted with continuing registration requirements after approval of the USC Graduate School.
Application materials for all applicants
- USC online application: Apply here: gradadm.usc.edu.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, sealed by the institution. Please refer to the Graduate Admissions page for specific instructions on how to send your transcripts: gradadm.usc.edu/lightboxes/us-students-transcript-requirements.
- Standardized test scores: Satisfactory scores less than five years old. Official scores must be reported from ETS directly to USC using ETS school code 4852. A department code is not required. MCAT or DAT scores may submitted in lieu of GRE scores.
- Two letters of recommendation: Letters of recommendation from faculty or others (supervisors, professional colleagues, etc.) qualified to evaluate your potential for graduate study.
- Statement of purpose: A statement succinctly describing your reasons for applying to the Master of Science in Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine program, your preparation for this field of study, academic interests, future career plans, and other aspects of your background and interests that may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study.
Additional application materials for international applicants
- English Language Proficiency: In addition to the general admission criteria listed above, international students whose first language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination to be considered a candidate for admission. For exemption from additional language requirements, you must achieve an Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) score of 90, with no less than 20 on each section, or an IELTS score of 6.5, with no less than 6 on each band score. For more details on the university’s English Proficiency Criteria, please visit USC Graduate Admission: Proficiency in English.
Application materials for Progressive Degree Program applicants
- Junior status (between 64 and 96 credits): we suggest applying prior to reaching the 96-credit limit, and submitting application materials by April 15th for Fall enrollment or November 15th for Spring enrollment.
- 3.0 or better GPA
- Proposed course plan, STARS report, personal statement, completed PDP application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate program approval and master’s program approval
- Course work in Cell and Molecular Biology (strongly recommended, but not required)
- Note: The progressive degree does not count AP credits taken in high school, but it does consider transfer credits from other college institutions to the 96-credit limit.